There are many ways to stay informed about things happening at Cairo-Durham CSD. You can read our website, follow our Facebook page, and receive notifications by phone, email, and/or text message. Please feel free to sign up for as many or as few options as you'd like.
(Please read our Guidelines for Commenting before leaving comments on our Facebook page.)
- Phone Alerts - Get timely phone call notifications on your home phone and/or cell phone. (Note: You will automatically receive phone alerts if your phone number is updated in SchoolTool. You can unsubscribe at any time.)
- Email Alerts - Get updates by email on your computer, cell phone or tablet. (Note: You will automatically receive email alerts if your email address is updated in SchoolTool. You can unsubscribe at any time.)
- Text Message Alerts - Get timely notifications by text messages on your cell phone. (Note: You must "opt in" or subscribe to receive text message notifications. Click here to learn how to sign up for text alerts. If you wish to stop receiving text messages, you can unsubscribe at any time.)
There are several potential reasons you may receive phone calls and/or text messages from the school, including:
- Emergency delays and closings (such as weather closures)
- Reminders of important dates and events
- Early dismissals
- Attendance/unexcused absences
- Suspicious individuals or activities on or near school grounds
Click here to learn how to sign up for and/or unsubscribe from notifications.
Note: In order to receive the above notifications, your contact information must be entered in SchoolTool (the district's student information management system). This is often restricted to parents, guardians and approved contacts. Contact the appropriate school's main office to update your contact information.
Please read our Guidelines for Commenting before leaving comments on our Facebook page.
Facebook Page - Get all the announcements from the website and more in your Facebook news feed. Updates appear several times each week, and you can even set your "News Feed Preferences" to prioritize posts made by Cairo-Durham CSD so you do not miss any news (learn how here). If you use Facebook regularly, this may be the easiest way to know what is happening.
(Note: This method is not as quick as the others. For weather-related closings or delays, we recommend using text alerts instead.)
Twitter - We also maintain a presence on Twitter. You can follow any of these accounts:
- @CairoDurham (District)
- @CairoDurhamHigh (High School)
- @CDElementary (Elementary School)
- @AthleticsCD (Cairo-Durham Sports)
Instagram - There are no official Instagram accounts for the Cairo-Durham Central School District or any of its schools. Any such named Instagram accounts are not affiliated with the District.
Grades (and more)
- SchoolTool - If your students are in Grades 6 through 12, you can look up their homework, grades, attendance, missing assignments and more. It even has an option to receive daily or weekly updates by email, if you prefer.
Sign Up for eNews
- Click here to sign up for our quarterly eNews. Get news about events, achievements, changes in the district, and more, delivered right to your inbox!