IMPORTANT CALENDAR INFORMATION: Final exams and New York State Regents exams begin on Monday, June 3, 2019 and will continue again from June 18-25. Students in Grades 9-12 should only attend Tuesday, June 18 through Tuesday, June 25 if they are scheduled for an exam. Regular school is in session for Grades K-8 during high school exams.
On Tuesday, June 25, Grades K-8 will dismiss early (CDMS will dismiss at 10:15 a.m. and CDE will dismiss at 11:15 a.m.). This is the last day of student attendance.
School is closed for all grades, PK-12, on Wednesday, June 26 for a Superintendent’s Conference Day.
The testing schedule for June 2019 Final and NYS Regents exams is as follows, with transportation and other important notes posted below:
Monday, June 3 – 8 a.m.
- Global History & Geography (Current Global 10 students)
Tuesday, June 18 – 8 a.m.
- US History
- French 1B
- Spanish 1B
- Participation in Government
- Earth Science Practical - Retakes Only*
Tuesday, June 18 – 12 p.m.
- Living Environment
Wednesday, June 19 – 8 a.m.
- ELA (English 11 and 10H)
- College Economics
- English 9/9H
Wednesday, June 19 – 12 p.m.
- Algebra I
- English 102
Thursday, June 20 – 8 a.m.
- Transition Global/Geography (Retakes)
- AP World
- English 10
Thursday, June 20 – 12 p.m.
- Algebra II
- Global 9/9H
Friday, June 21 – 8 a.m.
- Earth Science
- Spanish IV/V
Friday, June 21 – 12 p.m.
- Algebra II
- Global 9/9H
Monday, June 24 – 8 a.m.
- NYCAL CP A - French/Spanish
Monday, June 24 – 12 p.m.
- NYCAL CP B - French/Spanish
Tuesday, June 25 – 8 a.m.
Tuesday, June 25 – 12 p.m.
- Spanish II and Spanish IIH
- French II
- Physics Final
IMPORTANT NOTES –
Transportation During Exam/Regents Weeks:
- 7:30 a.m. – Drop-off at school
- 11:45 a.m. – Transport Home Only (NO PICK-UP; on Tuesday, 6/25 this time will be 10:15 a.m.)
- 3:30 p.m. – Transport Home (on Tuesday, 6/25 this time will be 3:15 p.m.)
There will be no transportation to the school at 11:15 a.m. If a student has an afternoon exam, he/she must take the bus in the morning or be dropped off with his/her own transportation.
Students in Grades 9-12 should only be in school if they have an exam or a scheduled review with a teacher (Tuesday, June 18 through Tuesday, June 25).
All students are to report to the cafeteria. No phones or backpacks will be allowed in the exam area.
If students have a review session, their teacher will meet them at the front entrance or in the cafeteria. No students are allowed in exam areas unless supervised.
**IF A STUDENT MISSES AN EXAM THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-TAKE THE EXAM UNLESS THE FACULTY COMMITTEE APPROVES. PLEASE SEE THE BACK OF THIS SHEET FOR INFORMATION ON ILLNESS OR EMERGENCIES THAT MIGHT COME UP AND THE PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW. STUDENTS CANNOT CHANGE EXAM DAYS FOR VACATIONS, JOBS, ETC.** This policy is also enforced for final exams during school days.
**Regents exams cannot be made up. They will have to be taken on the next date set by the State Education Department.
Examination Guidelines for Parents and Students
- Final and Regents exams are vital educational assessments at Cairo Durham High School. Please encourage your child(ren) to prepare for the exams in order to achieve the best grade possible.
- Students are expected to be present and on time for all scheduled exams. This includes exams during regular school days which may include speaking and presentation components. Please check with your teacher during regular school days for final exam schedules. During exam days, students must be in attendance for their scheduled exams. Please schedule family vacations when school is not in session.
- It is the responsibility of the student to bring any necessary testing materials (i.e., writing implement, calculator) for the exam. Electronic devices, coats, purses and backpacks are prohibited in the testing area. Valuables should be left at home. Any items left outside the testing area, such as cell phones, are not the responsibility of the school.
- Students who arrive late to an examination must report in by a minimum late time or they will not be allowed into the test room. Students who arrive late must complete the exam by the scheduled end time.
- Students must remain in the assigned testing area until the minimum dismissal time, and then will report to designated waiting areas.
- Exams that are not listed on the schedule are being conducted in class prior to the testing dates. Students should see their teacher for further details. The regulations apply to these exams as well.
Failure to attend an exam results in a zero, except in the following two cases:
- Before the exam, a parent notifies the CDHS main office concerning the student’s illness and produces a doctor’s note verifying the medical situation
- Before the exam, a parent notifies the CDHS main office concerning the student’s illness or family emergency, and appeals the situation to a faculty committee which will determine, based on extraordinary circumstances, whether the exam be be made up.
- If either of these two conditions are met, the students will arrange with the teacher a time to take a make-up exam as soon as possible. Regents exams, if missed, cannot be taken until the next administration date scheduled by the NYS Education Department.
Click here to download these guidelines as PDF. If you need to contact the High School Office main office, call 518-622-8543.