January News from the Cairo-Durham Health Offices
We would like to thank the Cairo-Durham families for their continuing efforts to keep each other healthy this school year.
- With cold weather arriving please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather conditions. Children will still be going outside for recess. Please make sure they have a warm coat, hat, and gloves/ mittens. If your child is in need of a winter coat, hat or mittens, please contact the CDE Health Office at 518-622-3231 (ext. 37000).
- If you are in need of assistance with your heating bills, please contact the Department of Social Services for information on the HEAP program at 518-719-3700.
- If you or your family is in need of health insurance, visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 518-822-9600. The Greene County Rural Health network has navigators that can assist you in the process of applying for insurance free of charge.
- If you have not already received a flu shot, please consider getting vaccinated to limit the chance of severe illness from the flu.
- If your child becomes ill, please contact the Health Office. If you are unsure if your child should come to school, please see the Department of Health tool kit or when you call the Health Office we can offer you support in making that decision. If your child has any of the symptoms listed, do not send them in to school.
- If your child has a negative COVID test, or a doctor’s note with an alternative diagnosis, please make sure the school has a copy of the result before they return to school. The Elementary fax number is 518-622-9060. The MS/HS fax number is 518-622-0493.
- If you are traveling, please check the state's travel advisory to see if you are required to quarantine or get a COVID test when you return to NYS.