December News from the Cairo-Durham Health Offices
We would like to thank the Cairo-Durham families for their efforts so far this school year. Many of you are remembering to take your child’s temperature and complete the daily health screening each day before school and children are remembering to wear their masks!
- With cold weather arriving please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather conditions. Children will still be going outside for recess. Please make sure they have a warm coat, hat, and mittens.
- If your child is in need of a winter coat, hat or mittens, please contact the CDE Health Office at 518-622-3231 (ext. 37000).
- If you have not already gotten a flu shot, please consider getting vaccinated to limit the chance of severe illness from the flu.
- If your child becomes ill, please contact the Health Office. If you are unsure if your child should come to school please see the Department of Health tool kit or when you call the Health Office we can offer you support in making that decision.
- If your child has a negative COVID test, or a doctor’s note with an alternative diagnosis, please make sure the school has a copy of the result before they return to school. The Elementary fax number is 518-622-9060. The MS/HS fax number is 518-622-0493.
- With the Holidays approaching and possibly more time spent with family and friends, please stay vigilant with mask wearing, hand washing and maintaining social distance. If you are traveling, please check the state's travel advisory to see if you are required to quarantine or get a COVID test when you return to NYS.
We hope you all have happy, healthy holidays!