The Cairo-Durham Teachers Association is hosting a driver safety program that qualifies drivers for a 10% reduction on car insurance premiums. The 6-hour course fulfills all requirements for the Point Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP) and is accepted by all New York insurance companies.
This course will help refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested safe driving tips and an overview of today's vehicle and traffic laws. It is taught by certified instructors.
- You may be eligible to reduce as many as four (4) points on your driving record. The DMV computer will automatically note your eligibility to receive the reduction.
- If you are the principal operator of a motor vehicle, you will receive a minimum 10% reduction in the base rate of your automobile and motorcycle liability and collision insurance premiums each year for three years.
- An accident prevention course cannot prevent a mandatory suspension or revocation.
- An accident prevention course and point reduction do not affect a driver responsibility assessment.
- You cannot use the course as a credit against future violation points.
The program is on Saturday, June 15, 2019 in the Cairo-Durham Middle/High School Media Center:
Registration: 8:30-9 a.m.
Class Session A: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Lunch on your own: 12-12:45 p.m.
Class Session B: 12:45-3:15 p.m.
Pre-registration for CDTA members is $20 (materials fees only) and school community members is $35.
Same day registration costs $45 per person (class size is limited to 40 participants).
Please register for the course using this online registration form.
Hosted by the Cairo-Durham Teachers Association
|Defensive Driving Course flyer 6-15-2019||174.99 KB|