The annual Budget Vote & Board of Education Election will occur on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 from 1-9 p.m. in the Cairo-Durham Middle School Cafeteria.
To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen 18 years of age or older;
- A primary resident of the Cairo-Durham Central School District for a period of 30 days or more directly preceding the day of the vote;
- Registered to vote with either the School District or the Greene County Board of Elections;
- Not otherwise ineligible to vote under Section 5-106 of the Election Law.
If you have not previously registered and would like to vote in this referendum, you must register with the School District Board of Registration.
Register to vote during the CDCSD Voter Registration Event on Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 3-7 p.m. in the Cairo-Durham High School lobby. Please bring photo identification.
You can also register to vote at any time by submitting a completed voter registration application to the Greene County Board of Elections (411 Main Street, Catskill, NY 12414).
To obtain a voter registration application from the school district, contact the District Clerk at 518-622-8534 ext. 25010.
Deadline for voter registration: May 11, 2021
If you are not able to vote in person on the date of the budget vote and school board election, you can apply for an absentee ballot. Voters may obtain an absentee ballot only if, during all hours of the day of the vote, they are:
- absent from the county of his or her residence; or
- unable to appear at the polling place because of illness (including the potential of contraction of the virus that causes COVID-19) or physical disability, or duties related to the primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled, or because he or she will be or is a patient in a hospital; or
- an inmate or patient of a veteran’s administration hospital; or
- absent from his or her voting residence because he or she is detained in jail awaiting action by a grand jury or awaiting trial, or confined in jail or prison after a conviction for an offense other than a felony, provided that he or she is qualified to vote in the election district of his or her residence.
Absentee ballot applications will be available from the District Office at any time between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Monday through Friday). To request an absentee ballot application, contact the District Clerk at 518-622-8534 ext. 25010.
If the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the completed application must be received by the District Clerk no later than 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on May 11, 2021 (seven  days before the budget vote & election).
If the ballot is to be picked up personally by the voter, the completed application must be received by the District Clerk no later than 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on May 17, 2021 (one  day before the budget vote & election).
A list of all persons to whom absentee ballots shall have been issued shall be available for public inspection in the office of the District Clerk during regular office hours (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) on each of the five (5) days prior to the day of the vote, (May 12-17, 2021, excluding Saturday and Sunday).
Completed absentee ballots must reach the office of the District Clerk no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 (the day of the budget vote & election).
Bridget Agostinoni, District Clerk, can be reached at 518-622-8534 ext. 25010 Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Someone will be in the office until 4 p.m. on the day of the vote to receive ballots.
Military voters who are qualified voters of the School District may apply for a military ballot by requesting an application from the District Clerk at 518-622-8534 ext. 25010 or email@example.com. For a military voter to be issued a military ballot, the District Clerk must have received a valid ballot application no later than 5 p.m. on April 22, 2021. In a request for a military ballot application or ballot, the military voter may indicate their preference for receiving the application or ballot by mail, facsimile transmission or electronic mail.