The Cairo-Durham Central School District is looking to the future with its proposed capital improvement project. If approved by voters, the project would bring 21st century enhancements to the District’s academic programs, facilities, security and more.
Below are some preliminary designs and floor plans created by Mosaic Associates. Please note these draft renderings can still change. They were created to illustrate what the changes to our buildings could look like. These designs are not final.
Cairo-Durham Middle/High School -- Draft floor plan to show how the front of the building would be re-configured to meet the needs of our students and community.
Most notably, main offices would be combined in a single, secure entrance and a new Media Center would be built at the front of the building. A Fitness Center for school and community use would also be added (top right corner). There would be an additional entrance for public access to the Fitness Center (which would be available for community use outside of school hours).
- Combined administrative offices and a single point of entry to maximize convenience, security, and the existing connection of the schools (dark blue)
- Modern Media Center with extra meeting spaces (dark pink)
- Fitness Center to support Physical Education curriculum and community needs (green)
- Centralized offices for services such as Guidance, Registration and the School Nurse (light purple)
- Flexible learning spaces to accommodate various educational programs/needs (light pink)
- Updated learning spaces to match current educational and technological standards for: Science (yellow), Technology (dark purple), Music and Visual Arts (light blue)
Cairo-Durham Middle/High School -- The front of CDMS/HS would be built to resemble a college campus or community center. Please remember these are DRAFT designs and can still change based on feedback. The draft rendering below is one example of what the exterior could look like: