The Cairo-Durham Teachers Association is hosting a driver safety program that qualifies drivers for a 10% reduction on car insurance premiums. The 6-hour course fulfills all requirements for the Point Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP) and is accepted by all New York insurance companies. Download this flyer (PDF) for full course information.
This course will help refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested safe driving tips and an overview of today's vehicle and traffic laws. It is taught by certified instructors.
- You may be eligible to reduce as many as four (4) points on your driving record. The DMV computer will automatically note your eligibility to receive the reduction.
- If you are the principal operator of a motor vehicle, you will receive a minimum 10% reduction in the base rate of your automobile and motorcycle liability and collision insurance premiums each year for three years.
- An accident prevention course cannot prevent a mandatory suspension or revocation.
- An accident prevention course and point reduction do not affect a driver responsibility assessment.
- You cannot use the course as a credit against future violation points.
The program is on Saturday, December 21, 2019 in the Cairo-Durham Middle/High School Media Center:
Registration: 8:30-9 a.m.
Class Session A: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Lunch on your own: 12-12:45 p.m.
Class Session B: 12:45-3:15 p.m.
COST & REGISTRATION:
- Pre-paid registration for CDTA members is $25; Agency Fee, School Employees and Family Members $35
- Community member cost is $39
- Same day registration cost is $45 per person (class size is limited to 40 participants, therefore same day registration will be based on space availability)
Payment must be received seven (7) days before the class date to lock in the discounted tuition rates.
Please register for the course using this online registration form.
Hosted by the Cairo-Durham Teachers Association
|Defensive Driving Course flyer 12-21-2019||935.87 KB|