|Post date||Recent Announcements|
|Oct 1, 2020||Capital Project Update: SED Approval and Construction Timeline|
|Oct 3, 2019||Capital Project Update: Tentative Timeline and Updated Drafts|
|Dec 27, 2018||Capital Project: What's Next? Find Out on Thursday, 1/10/2019|
Project Background & Overview
- General Overview
- Public Presentation - November 1, 2018 (PDF, 1.49 MB)
- Newsletter mailed to district residents in mid-November (PDF, 729 KB)
- Estimated Tax Impact
- Preliminary Architect Renderings (DRAFTS)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Video summary of the project:
If you have questions, please contact the District Office at 518-622-8534, ext. 25010, or send an email to email@example.com
- Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 6 p.m. -- Now that the project has been approved by district voters, join school leaders to hear about the next steps during a Board of Education workshop at 6 p.m. in the CDMS/HS Media Center
(Note: In order to download PDFs, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free at Adobe's website.)
Voting will take place on Tuesday, December 11th, from 1 to 9 p.m. in the Cairo-Durham Middle School cafeteria.
- VOTER QUALIFICATIONS: All voters must be U.S. citizens, age 18 or older on Election Day. Voters must be residents of Cairo-Durham CSD for 30 days immediately prior to Election Day and registered to vote.
- VOTER REGISTRATION: Voter registration is required. Voters can register to vote with the Greene County Board of Elections, or with the District on Thursday, November 29, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the District Office. You are registered to vote if you have voted in the Cairo-Durham CSD election in the past four years.
- ABSENTEE BALLOTS: Residents who will be unable to vote in person can vote by absentee ballot. You can obtain an absentee ballot by completing an application in the District Clerk’s office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Applications for absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk at least seven (7) days prior to the vote if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or on or prior to December 10, 2018, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on December 11, 2018.
Call 518-622-8534, ext. 25010, for more information.
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 -- Public Presentation of Proposed Capital Project (6 p.m. in the CDMS/HS auditorium)
- Monday, November 19, 2018 (rescheduled from 11/15 due to snow) -- Public Presentation #2 of Proposed Capital Project (NEW TIME 6 p.m. in the CDMS/HS Media Center)
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 -- Project Q & A with Superintendent Taibi (from 5-7 p.m. in the Elementary School Cafeteria)
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 -- Project Q & A with Superintendent Taibi (from 4-6 p.m. in the Elementary School Cafeteria)
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 -- Voter Registration (9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the District Office)
Community Forum Summary (Fall 2017)
How must our schools change or adapt to better meet student needs into the future?
This question and others were answered during two community forums held by the Cairo-Durham Central School District on November 30 and December 5, 2017. The purpose of the forums was to engage in discussions with stakeholders about a capital building project, focusing on the future of facilities and educational environments at our schools.
Nearly 50 members of the school and local communities--including staff, students, parents, administrators, district residents and local legislators--participated in roundtable conversations to discuss the future of our schools and how the district can begin preparing for the decades to come. The conversations focused on planning a capital improvement project and the future of facilities, educational environments and academic programming at our schools.
Click here to read summaries of the discussions >>
Click here for Project Presentation